Saturday, September 10, 2011

Story tellers and hearers of the word

On Thursday when I was in to see my orthopedic surgeon he told me about his cousin who had the stem cell transplant  about 5 years ago. The word  was music, sheer poetry, like a bone for a dog. This is  the sort of thing I can gnaw on for a long time while I'm going through this.  5 YEARS!! Did you hear it? FIVE YEARS AGO!!!!  He also brought us up to date on his mother who had this treatment and she's doing well. I know, 2 in one family. I thought the same thing. But get this, she's 77. SEVENTY- SEVEN.  And then again on Friday, Bob,  at the bank brought  me up to date about  a friend of his at his church who is going through stem cell transplant(SCT} now and had gotten to go home early because she was doing so well. These are good stories. Tell me the stories of healing. Write on my heart every word. I am, after all, going into this  with the hope I will do well and go how early,  envisioning  life 5 years from now and I really do dream of 77 or something in that range.

Dirk, my brother, the one who is a match, the only one out of 7 tested, the proverbial "One and only" is here along with his wife Elly. He has an appointment Monday morning at MD Anderson. He will have a battery of tests in preparation for the harvesting of the stem cells. They will be here for 2 1/2 weeks and we will meet with Dr.Khouri on the 26th and go from there. T minus 20....19.....18......
         

No comments:

Post a Comment