Monday, September 26, 2011

So One Day-----

"So one day-----the very rainy day----- a cat -----named Cat-----" the kids would say. Dr. Korbling says "We postpone.". Dr. Khouri says, "We would like to try to continue to harvest stem cells after Dirk has  had chance to recuperate for a couple of weeks". Dirk and Elly say "We will come back and try again". So say we all, as we all agree to a new chapter in an old saga. We reconvene in 2 to 2 1/2 weeks and find out what Dirk's story line will add and what things will look like then. It is my nature to ask the 'what ifs'. What if we end up with less than the 4 mil cells. We do not want to put Dirk at risk. Dr. Khouri says "we go to the national registry and we get stem cells from another donor. It takes about a month". So for now we wait and continue to pray for a great outcome for Dirk and Elly and for Lynne and myself.  ---- the story is not over by a long shot. It was an unexpected twist. In novels and fiction it makes for good copy - real life?- not so much. If I was the author and finisher of this saga I could tell you how it ends. I'm not though. I do, however, repeatedly and consciously, leave the story line at the feet of the author and finisher of my life. Let all of God's people give a hearty AMEN

1 comment: