Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Late Date Update

It is Sat. The last post left us with .7 million stem cells from Dirk's blood . After a recalculation it was around 1 M. after Wednesday's harvest. On Thur. Dirk's platelets were on the low side so the decision was made to postpone another attempt until Mon. On Sun. he goes back in for another neupogen shot and on Mon. some more blood work and depending on the counts he will have the next harvest if all is looking good. In the mean time Elly and he continue to help with projects  (in the heat as well ).
 My schedule for Thur. was a very minor tutorial video  and both Dirk and I had nothing on the list for Fri. and Sat. On Mon. we have a meeting with Dr. Khouri(stem cell doc) and get feedback on all my tests from last week. It will also give us an idea of how we go ahead  from here. Questions do abound as to how we will proceed. This disease takes over the blood and crowds out the life sustaining cells. It feels like it does the same to our lives replacing the familiar, crowding out the life sustaining things. I said a long time ago, at least it seemed like eons ago, to not let this disease destroy who I am and who we are. That is still my resolve. There are days it is easier than others. I suspect the next 4 months will stretch that even more for myself and my family. May the Lord walk and talk with us as we press on. Amen

1 comment:

  1. Abe, you have many walking with you and lifting you up in prayer. Praying you stay strong and Dirk is blessed with many many stem cells.

    ReplyDelete