Tuesday, March 27, 2012

T - Plus 19, March 27

I have been out of the hospital for a week now. It has felt good. This has been amazingly smooth, all things considered as I listen to the  stories of other people. I have not needed any blood products, or neupogen shots. In fact I don't think I have lost more than 2 strands of hair so far and I was telling Lynne I need a hair cut. It's amazing what one can be thankful for. Today  I had my blood tests and results were good. The Potassium levels are back in range, I am off the heparin shots, and they have reduced the steroids from 8 to 5 pills a day. Also they taught Lynne how to do the magnesium infusion today (she did it like a pro) so we do not have to go into the clinic on Wed. or Sat. or Sun. and we will have some flexibility of space and time. It will have been 4 weeks since I have left home. I can't remember the last time I was ever away from home that long before. Saturday, hopefully we'll break that drought. The leash is getting a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment