Saturday, March 10, 2012

T - Plus - 1 After Transplant

I woke up this morning with a flushed feeling and I knew I had the beginnings of some kind of fever. My hunch was a UTI. By 8:00 am I had reached a temperature of 101.1 in a matter of an hour. This is apparently one of the many things that we will encounter as we go along. This is the part of the transplant that I think is going to be the hard part  as we adjust along the way. The next 2 weeks we will be going down hill until the new stem cells establish in the marrow and begin to produce blood. Immune systems will be shot, blood counts low, and no energy. As the day wore on the temp was controlled, antibiotics were given and I got my next round of Retuximab. By the end of the day everything was back on track. I will try to get some rest tonight since the last two nights were not so good. Tomorrow will have it's own challenges I'm sure. Good night and good sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment