Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Last Night

After I posted last night I had  a pretty bad case of Atrial Fibrillation (afib), a condition I have had some time. It was being controlled with Metoprolol. One of the other things this medicines does is slow the heart rate and decrease blood pressure. Since those have been low they decreased my medication and last night my heart went into afib worse than it ever has and it took about 6 to 7 hours to finally get it settled down. This morning it is stable but they are still holding back on the meds until a cardiologist does a consult. I knew going into this SCT that might become a factor and it has. Another risk factor I have is a history of ulcers, and bleeding is an issue for transplant patients.  This is Day 5 after transplant and to date I have not seen any graft vs host disease and I know there will be some of that yet as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment