Friday, March 2, 2012

T - minus - 6 Count Down To Transplant

From early morning, beginning at 5 am, it has been a constant stream of people in and out of the room. On top of that, the philosophy of the staff  here is that they want you up and about, M&M, motivated and moving, out of bed at least 6 to 8 hours a day, taking walks at least 3X a day, pulmonary therapy every 2 hours, and doing what we the patients can do to make this work. Then there will be the infusions. This morning they started at 8:45 with the premeds and a main course of retuximab went from 9 to 4:30. Lynne has been a bit under the weather and we talked her into staying home so she could get some rest. She managed to get a prescription to give her a hand at that. Isaac stayed with me after his exam was over until the infusion was finished. I had only a slight itching reaction this time, and that was good. Isaac has since gone home hopefully with light traffic. I think I am beat. No, I know I am beat. So perhaps the news and one more walk and lights out. Tomorrow starts the chemo that starts to knock out the leukemia and all my immune systems to pave the way for the stem cells. All the marrow and blood that has served me well over all these years and now no longer do, in fact have mutated and become dangerous will be attacked and annihilated and then some one else's stem cells that my body sees as foreign will be ushered in to set up shop and take over . From what I have heard my body is the battle ground. So rest will be good tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment