Thursday, March 22, 2012

T - Plus 13 After Transplant, March 21st

It was a hectic day since everything changes again. We are at the apt and now I go to the hospital for treatment. So early in the am I have blood work done and that gives them a window to how I am doing. They will make adjustments on meds and give me IV fluids with supplements as needed like mag. or potassium since I keep losing those. At this point I have not needed any blood or platelets or neupogen shots and the counts are holding and even getting stronger. This daily clinic visit will continue at least through the 28th and more likely longer and then go to perhaps 3x a week. I am feeling much better, actually, than I expected to at this point. The nausea is gone, my appetite is returning especially the task buds, and it is easier to get exercise here than at the hospital. I have not had fever in a few days and there is only a rash that I'm having to deal with, They have done a biopsy of it and the preliminary results are inconclusive as to whether it is graft vs host disease or a drug reaction. For now it is being treated as graft vs host to be on the safe side which includes more steroids. These are not my favorite drugs because of long term side effects to bones and organs and such. However these are some of the trades I will make to keep moving. So we move on.

Tomorrow morning Chris goes back to Tacoma after 3 weeks here. It was a good reconnect. He was able to spend time with both Lynne and I and that has been unique and a special time that  I will cherish . Thanks Chris, we love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment