Friday, March 23, 2012

T -Plus 14 March 22nd

Today is the first day of...........So begins many a story we've all heard in our time. Today is the first day of  school, new job, new place, and you name it. Probably up there in the top ten though you would have to include, "this is the first day of the rest of your life". It's something of a cliche, I suppose, but the other day it took on fresh meaning for me. You see, when I first was told I had the big "C", I have lived under some kind of a cloud that cast long shadows into the future. I was stunned and in denial. I was sifting through, all so many stories of others including our son's, and the shadows were dark. Then the other day when I received the Stem Cell Donation, other patients and staff on the hospital wing wished me "Happy Birthday"! It took me totally by surprise. TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE! And the feeling was repeated when we left the hospital and drove to the apartment. There was a world out there. It was like I had been driving down a road and there is a big tunnel ahead and so all the focus has been on that tunnel and I can not see the other end and going into the hospital was like entering that tunnel and we keep going knowing the path we must take and then, when discharged from the hospital and feeling so, so much better, coming out of that tunnel and seeing that there is, there really is a whole new world from where I am sitting.  Again, TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE.                                                                                        
3And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day of.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment