Monday, March 5, 2012

T - Minus 4 Count Down To Transplant

The infusion pump has not stopped once since I have come in. Keeping me hydrated is important for the infusions of chemo and to help flush it out as well. At least once an hour all day and all night it means a trip to the restroom and everything has to be measured for intake and output. It makes it hard to get a good restful sleep. It is 10:00 am and they have finished the chemo for today and tomorrow more of the same, fludarabine and bendamustine. As my mind wanders I get to wondering what effect, all the chemo that is being flushed through this hospital waste system, has on the water treatment system and the water system. I can only imagine.

I am beginning to feel some of the side effects, mainly chemo fog. So it's time to get some exercise  while I feel like it. I have also some nasal drainage and the concern has to do with maybe cold symptoms. So for now I will be on an antihistamine since it could be allergies since spring has sprung. the other possibility is that the chemo also affects the mucous  membranes. The tight rope balancing act begins, adjusting as we go along.

Lynne and I took a nice walk through the gardens today and then watched a couple of basketball games. Then it was time for her to go home. By 8 I'm in bed for the night. ZZZZZ Bathroom ZZZZZ Bathroom ZZZZZ Bathroom .........all night long.

No comments:

Post a Comment