Saturday, October 22, 2011

This has been a different day. I have felt subdued. If you remember a few weeks ago I wrote about how our grand kids and we, would make up stories, one line at time, each adding a sentence. Well, again we have very little over which we have control and the story takes a different direction. For some unknown reason they have not been able to harvest the stem cells from Dirk. They do not know why. Dirk is fine. So is his blood. Dr. Korbling says it's rare and it does happen. What that means now is that MDA will begin to look for a donor in the National Registry. This could take a while, at least a month, most likely longer. An unrelated donor presents a whole new set of challenges for the team and for me as well. I do not feel discouraged at this point. Quiet and subdued are good words. We can still make this work and will keep moving ahead. It is not MDAnderson's first rodeo. It is, however, mine. I'm at a good place. The leukemia is behaving itself. I am enjoying some nice Texas Indian Summer. What's the next line in this story? I do not have the next line. It's someone elses turn to make the next  line, that call. You also can, perhaps for someone else by going to  "bethematch.org " and become tested to be a donor. So we will keep going and waiting. I will keep posting in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment