Monday, October 10, 2011

The Almador inside of me

Once upon a time there was a handsome prince that lived in a gigantic castle in the prosperous kingdom of his father and mother, the benevolent king and queen of the land........There I go again making up stories of fairy tales and princes . Back to the real world. NO WAIT. I want to go back. What's wrong with living there? And every day Almador, [ that's the prince's name] arose at sunrise to greet the day with a hearty and vigorous salutation that could be heard throughout the land...... STOP Earth to Abe- Earth to Abe. No one lives there. That's make believe. WAIT, Almador lives there. So do his mother and father and all of the servants and what about the country folk? Today was the day that Almador was anticipating with great excitment. Today was his birthday. Of all the days this was the most magical of them all. I really do want to live there. It's a funny thing though, even as I remember the tales of youth and imagination, they were usually created in the fertile imaginations of adults. What Almador wanted for his birthday, more than anything else in the world was a secret and kept from the king and queen. He dared not tell his parents for fear his wish would not come true. Hey! Stories work. You're reading it and I'm writing it. And I'm doing this while I'm watching the Detroit Tigers and the  Texas Rangers with my brother and sister-in-law, who are from Detroit, and it's the bottom of the 11th, tied at 3, Cruz is at bat, bases are loaded. He knocks one out of the park but it was a foul ball. Next pitch he does it again and this one is good. Game over!!! Almador is estatic. His team has won. Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment