Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dodging another

This past week I began to have a touch of sore throat and a runny nose. I have had these before and in a normal world I can easily handle these things. Now, though I begin to feel nervous about the slightest indication that my temperature is elevated. It only reached 99.2. If it reaches 100.4 I am to go to the emergency room. Through telephone and internet and an unannounced visit to the clinic I believe we dodged another one(ER visit). The clinic PA put me on Levaquin. Temp is down and the symptoms are diminishing. I seem to be over the hurdle. It is so close I do not want anything to jeopardize the SCT. There have been a few days that I have felt like I don't have the fuel in the tank to get through this. I'm sure that is normal. I find I need to let go of a great many things that I am not able to control and remind myself again that "being the patient" is the main focus of the next 3 to 4 months. Not an easy one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment