Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 4

So when I said "Day 1" and so on I was figuring the days as being those that involved appointments at MDA culminating with my admission on Mar 1st. 
                          

                                                                                   
                                                                                           Instead I will go to Day 5 as the day of the
catheter insertion and then the count down that MDA uses as posted by Isaac on his blog.
                                                                                   I

countdown

Day Date Treatment
-13   2/24 Rituximab 375 mg/m2
-7     3/01 Admission to hospital and hydrate with IV fluids
-6     3/02 Rituximab 1,000 mg/m2
-5     3/03 Fludarabine 30 mg/m2 & Bendamustine 130 mg/m2
-4     3/04 Fludarabine 30 mg/m2 & Bendamustine 130 mg/m2
-3     3/05 Fludarabine 30 mg/m2 & Bendamustine 130 mg/m2
-2     3/06 Anti-thymocyte globulin 1 mg/kg & begin Tacrolimus (daily for 6-8 months)
-1     3/07 Anti-thymocyte globulin 1 mg/kg
0      3/08 Stem Cell Infusion
+1    3/09 Rituximab 1,000 mg/m2 & Methotrexate
+3    3/11 Methotrexate
+6    3/14 Methotrexate
+7    3/15 Neupogen
+8    3/16 Rituximab 1,000 mg/m2
+11   3/19 Methotrexate                 
 
Monday I had a final visit with my dentist and she gave me the all clear and yesterday I had a follow up telephone meeting with the MDA social worker to go over a lot of details that are non medical like housing in the medical center, forms to fill out like Medical Power and Directives and such, should events take an unexpected direction and also resources available for coping during this time. Today we go back to MDA for a class on care of the Catheter, like dressing change and heparin flush. Then I will have a blood draw again with a collection of some samples to store for future research, also a signing off, on a trial that they may want to implement later in my treatment if they deem it beneficial and I will  be randomized as to whether I will get it of not. Then we have the appointment with Dr. Khouri and he will have the results of all the tests and the status of my present condition as to the cold I have had and also he will know  the activity level of the cancer and he will decide then if we go ahead. We had gotten to this point before when Dirk was here and we are there again. If it is a green light then we come in tomorrow for the catheter insertion up by my right collar bone and it will have 3 ports for the chemo treatments, the infusion of the stem cells, and the subsequent blood and blood product infusions. I had thought these tests this time would be easier. They were not. This time it is an unrelated donor which increase the risks and I have had a cold and then Lynne caught a severe case of it as well. I have recovered and she is almost there as well.  I will post the results of Dr. Khouri's assessment later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment