Monday, April 15, 2013

How Does The Clock Work?

I was sitting outside the other day and my gaze goes to that spot about 40 feet up on that dead pine tree and there on the side of the tree is the woodpecker hanging on to the bark about 6 inches below the hole they had made. I went over to the tree to take a closer look and there in the opening I see the red head. It appears there has been a change in the neighborhood, the blue folks have moved out and the redheads have moved in. They must have made an offer  that they could not refuse. So we will watch the redheads instead. I think I've spotted another possible site for the bluebirds in another  pine tree that died from the same drought. It's not easy to see from where I tend to sit. It's always interesting to see how people feel about the change. Some just don't like change and so are saddened when change happens. Others side with the more aggressive birds like woodpeckers and then others with the bluebirds who are more shy and stay out of the limelight. In nature, change just is, and it does seem to favor some and there are "pecking orders" without regard for feelings and fairness. Some of that does translate to the hunan world but we work hard to be equitable and fair. Being moral does not rid us of our natural instincts. Well enough of that. I had not intended to go in that direction. I was just going to update you on the birds. As my brother, Dirk  would say, "If I ask you for the time, you don't need to tell me how the clock works".

No comments:

Post a Comment