Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Safe and Healing Place

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWIq09wGwKk&feature=youtu.be
This video was put together by Isaac and was a grand effort to give a visual of how our house came to be and all the memories that we had along the way. Isaac gave it to us for Christmas one year. Thanks  Isaac. You captured the spirit of this place well.                                                                       


 Looking back on it now it was quite an endeavor, this building of the house. I can appreciate what folks do when they undertake a long term project. This was long term and we were committed to doing as much of the construction ourselves as we possibly could. It took 10 years of weekends, evenings and whatever time we could find to get it to where we could move in. Our sons, especially Joshua our carpenter, helped, as well as in-laws and brothers and grandchildren and neighbors and people who worked for us. It really was a combined  effort. It's modest in size, only 1200 sq. ft., and looks somewhat like a chalet. It has many a personal touch added in. My reason for sharing this is to make a huge point. This has been a healing place for us and a safe haven through these turbulent days. We took care of Josh on different occasions here and he and I sat on the couch together while Lynne gave herself up caring for him and I. While we said good-bye to Josh, he is still very present with us, with all the memories in the building, his touch here and there and everywhere. It is as though this  has been prepared for us for this time, a place of green pastures and still waters, a safe passage through stormy waters.

Psalm 23

New International Version (NIV)

Psalm 23

A psalm of David.

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.

No comments:

Post a Comment