Sunday, April 14, 2013

DANG! I forgot the Kleenex! Posted by Lynne

 DANG! How could I forget the Kleenex?  First, I dropped Abe off at the patient drop-off, he was feeling nauseous and going up 12 floors of circular parking is horrible for him. So after parking, I head to floor 2 for the blood draw. I stop. I remember. This was where Isaac said to Josh after his blood draw, "Wait here-I'm going to get you a wheelchair", one of the first indications Josh was getting worse. It was so painful for him to just walk.
 I fight back tears.
I sit there waiting for Abe remembering-thankful it's not so often anymore that we have to come here- to MDA-where almost every hallway and floor holds so many memories. " My blessed boy-you fought so hard for so long."
I fight back tears.
Then, Abe is done and we're heading for his CT scan-and coming right at us smiling, and pushing his baby brother in a stroller,Mom following, is this little bald-headed guy,probably 5 or 6. He is laughing, looking so happy with not a care in the world-and did I mention- BALD.
Damn- I can't fight the tears now-they start streaming down my cheeks. I swipe desperately at them, trying to make them stop.
They don't.
I hear Abe sniffle, he turns to me and I say, Dang- I forgot the Kleenex, do you have any? No, he doesn't, as we both continue to cry. No words are necessary-he puts his arm around my shoulders and we continue our journey to Diagnostic Imaging.
    I'm praying the spot on his lung will be gone-AND-I'm also praying for that little guy.
      "God speed, little one."
DAMN-I HATE CANCER.

No comments:

Post a Comment