Tuesday, April 3, 2012

T - Pus 26, April 3

The routine is beginning to shift. I will continue to need the IV's for magnesium but they are starting to shift to oral meds for that, if I can tolerate the dosage. I am on 2 a day and they are looking at 15 perhaps as long as I am on Tacrolimus. They have still been adjusting that one as well since I am not showing enough of Tacro in my blood. Every 4 days I will increase the Mag. The other Meds are looking ok. Hopefully we will only have to go in 2 to 3 days for these maintenance visits. I am scheduled for a Pet Scan, a Cat Scan,  and a bone marrow biopsy for Thur. and Fri. and 2nd bone marrow on the following Wed. These will give a window at how the Stem Cell Graft has taken up home around the day Plus 30.
They have been very considerate about letting us come home and we hope that continues. We have the apt for another 2 weeks and then I think that will not be necessary any longer if recovery continues as it has. Originally we had been told to be ready to stay there through the middle of June. It is good to be home. Several of the restrictions now include, I must stay out of the sun or wear clothing to cover and spf 50 sun screen. Sun exposure can set off the graft vs host. Also I must watch out for fungus and earth bore bacteria so I wear a mask much of the time out doors. I am trying to settle in for the long haul and begin to make these routines a matter of automatic behavior. It does not come easily. I do however, feel much better and continue to improvre daily. We are so thankful and appreciate all the support and prayers. Keep 'em comin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment