Friday, April 6, 2012

Shifting Gears

As I said in the last blog, I am beginning to look farther ahead to the longer range. We just finished the tests for the checking how the transplant is doing at about the 30 day stage. These results should be in next Tuesday or Wednesday. This will let us really get a glimpse of how I am progressing. And about day 100 we will repeat that. With all the tests in place we wait for the results. Dr. Khouri was just in and he's lowing the steroids to 3 a day, switching fungal meds and raising the Tacrolimus again. The adjusting and tweaking continues. I am also able to go to the clinic by myself now and that should take a load off Lynne's shoulders and give her some freedom. Dr. Khouri also said we do not need to keep the apt. any longer and can go back to our house again and commute to the clinic as needed.

It would make sense for me to make shifts in my life patterns rather that frustrate myself. So Dr. Khouri said I can do some painting projects and I've got plenty of little ones of those that keeps me out of the sun and indoors. I will miss the outdoors though and will find ways to cope with that as we go. As of yet I don't have that much energy yet and rest is still very necessary. Someone suggested career change. I've done that 3 X already. As for now I am not looking to doing that again. Retired is closer to what I'm looking at. So for at least this year my focus has to be on recuperating since that is still a transition time for Transplant patients. At 6 months supposedly I should have the blood of my donor. And there are still risk factors for graft vs host that need to be monitored closely. So yes, I am looking ahead much further than I was a few weeks ago and that is a shifting to another gear. It's a new day and it is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment