Wednesday, January 18, 2012

the wild mouse

There are times I feel like grabbing the frame. Let me back up. The name of the ride was called The Wild Mouse. It twas the biggest, meanest, most terrifying ride ever built. It rose so high up into the sky  that the clouds shrouded the top of the track. People were around the corner, lined up to get on this behemoth to feel the thrill of the climbs and speed  of the drops down the track and up and down again. It  also seemed like a contest to see who would be able to hurl hot dogs and cotton candy the furthest after dismounting from the box, propelling them great distances involuntarily. Yes I got on. Yes I had just eaten a hot dog - Peer pressure to ride - You understand.

 I remember at the top when the cart had slowed to a crawl just before it was about to drop out of the clouds into the abyss below I wanted so badly to grab the frame of the roller coaster  and stop the machine and get off. It would have been suicide but the fear of the drop rivalled it in danger.

As I contemplate the Stem Cell Transplant there are times I want grab the frame of this roller coaster ride of cancer and get off.  I feel like stopping everything leading to this scary Stem Cell Plunge. It would be suicide to do so but the fear of this process rivals it in danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment