Thursday, January 26, 2012

Just The Facts

Today I received a call from Kathy, the Stem Cell Transplant Coordinator for unrelated donors from MD Anderson. She said the stem cell donor had agreed to a time and so it was time to get things started on our end of things. What that means is all of the tests I had when Dirk was here will be repeated since the previous results are older that 30 days. You name it, they run it. That will all be set to go by Feb. 15 and by March 1st I will be admitted to the hospital. That's when I get a stout round of chemo and on March 8th I will receive the donor stem cells. I will remain in isolation for a total of 3 to 4 weeks, depending on how I respond. Then Lynne and I will need to stay in the Medical Center close to MDA in case of emergency for possibly 3 months. From there, return home with frequent follow ups at MDA. As to what to expect? Expect the best - prepare for the worst. Everything is lining up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment