Friday, December 14, 2012

"They're Boring"

"They're boring." That's what Isaac said when he looked at my blood test results. "They're so normal, they're boring", he said. I got excited when I saw them, since they have been good, better, and now the best since the stem cell transplant. If this keeps up I will be able to discontinue the steroids next week and then will begin to step down on the tacrolimus, the immune suppressor. If I can cut back on that then I can cut back on the magnesium. If I can cut back on the mag. I can cut back on the imodium. Although drugs have been my lifeline, they have caused their own share of challenges along the way, what with side effects, interactions, and the necessity of timing. I do not remember anymore, not taking medicines, since this started, up to 35 to 40 a day. I just had my 9 month checkup since the transplant, including bone marrow biopsy and CT scan. NO CANCER CELLS IN THE MARROW and NO NEW OPPORTUNISTIC CANCERS SHOWED UP in the CT scan. BORING? TO ME ? NEVER!!!

It's his training. In med school they are taught to look for bad things, like a pig after truffles. Me? If I see bad things I want to go into denial. To me these will never be boring. Thanks be to God for a good report.

No comments:

Post a Comment