Sunday, December 30, 2012

Boring Is Good


As the year draws to a close I am doing well. 2 weeks ago they reduced my tacrolimus and cut out my steroids altogether. Last week they reduced my tacro again (this is a medication to control the immune system so it does not attack the stem cell and vice versa). I have had some problems with this in the past the last time they tried to reduce these medications. So we will watch that one closely. If it begins to happen again they will bring back the steroids. It will be more adjusting and monitoring. The last time I had an infection and was hospitalized was back in Aug. I know that does not seem so long but it is good for me. I spend a lot of time at home and away from crowds to avoid the flu. As the immune suppressors are reduced maybe I will have some resistance to hold at bay any infections. Some of you in your greetings this season have included "good health" for the New Year. Thanks. I do believe my progress, even though it has had its ups and downs, has been how the doctors have wanted it to go, if not even a little better than expectations. It does feel sooo gooood, and I know Lynne and my family are relieved and are thankful. So this is one of those updates based on the labs and reports that are "boring". Isaac reminded me that I need to include that "boring" is a good thing. So boring it is, and boring is good and I will take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment