Monday, December 17, 2012

Changing The Pace


Recently I went back and reread all of my blogs in sequence. It was quite a journey. In that  period of time I rode again the emotional roller coaster of feelings, up and down, from one day to the next. I was surprised at how intense it was. My brother Dirk asked, "Do you talk about anything else besides the cancer?" Quite frankly not much else during this past 2 years. That certainly was true of the blog. And I started the blog for just that reason. It was always my intent to use this as a way to help process my feelings and to help others who were interested in following our journey. Now it has become less of an intense journey and the risks are beginning to diminish. Entries have become less frequent and reports, in Isaac's words, "boring". So in terms of keeping you posted of my progress it will become even less frequent and more carbon copy of last months report, or ditto. I even thought of just shutting it down. That's an option. I have, however, decided to follow another path, at least for a while anyway. I have thought that I might enjoy doing blogs like the previous posting and will experiment with that. I was told by a therapist that I have a rich inner life, (could be code for introvert or recluse). So we'll mix it up and do a little of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment