Thursday, November 17, 2011

Correction

The other morning while I was half asleep I got to thinking about a word I had used in the last couple of posts. The word I used was "integral". That was not the word I wanted to use. I had said that the pain and the disease had become "integral" parts of my life. That makes it sound like they are necessary  or essential, certainly not what I intended. Constant, yes they are. Get used to them, yes I must. The "how of that" will take time and some conscious choosing. I do not want them to discolor my life in such a way that they suck the joy or purpose out of my life and that is the part that is the choosing. There are times I have felt how easy it would be to go down that road. Don't want to go there! Grumpy old people are so much fun aren't they? Meet a few. Don't want to be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment