Sunday, December 22, 2013

You Are Not A Burden

"You are not a burden". The soldier had just come back from active duty and had been pretty badly traumatized. PTSD had been suggested and getting back into mainstream society was not going well. The counselor caring for him, first put his arm on the soldier's shoulder, then gently but firmly spoke a phrase, "You are not a burden". I did not hear much of anything of the show for awhile. Those words continued to resonate down inside of me. What a powerful statement, "You are not a burden". I flashed back to different times in my life when those words have been music to my soul. I have heard it often enough to sustain life. What a gift.


New International Version 1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment