Thursday, October 4, 2012

Enjoying the Wife of My Youth (Prov. 5:18)

She was checking our pony, Scout, where she'd been bumped by a car. Scout was in a great deal of pain and we feared perhaps a fracture. I hold the halter around a post and Lynne massages the muscles for quite some time. Although not able to bear weight there appears to be no breaks that we can tell. Watch and wait. So we check repeatedly, over a period of several days. She's improving.

While I am standing there and I am watching Lynne undertaking this daily enterprize I am struck be the fact that I used to do these.  I was accustomed to doing these things. I am now no longer able to do this, and not just this one but many, many others as well, I remember feeling so gratified, thank full for Lynne and for her stepping in with my care and with the chores and all the tedious travail of a daily nature once relegated to the man of the house, and she shed not one bit of her femininity in the process. Here's to you Hon. Thanks and I love you. Now some 3 months later Scout has not so much as a limp.

No comments:

Post a Comment