Friday, August 31, 2012

Update

I was discharged on Tuesday and instructed to monitor everything closely and if fever should reappear, back to the ER. I had blood work done on Wed. and the scores were great. While in the hospital for 8 days ,I had IV antibiotics, 3 neupogen shots to stimulate the production of stem cells, and 4 IV's of immunoglobulin over 4 days to shore up the antibodies. The net result, the infection seems to be gone, and no temperature for several days. I lost upwards to 23 lbs and the appetite is still not back. They have included an antidepressant to help cope with mood and a sleep aid to get rest and physical therapy for rehab and we will seek out a support group to help me get over this. It is quite a wake up call. We will keep you posted and thanks for all the support and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment