Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Bad News and Good News

I am at that spot again that I feel compelled to post again. I am still on the dark side of an upper respiratory system. It developed slowly last week Sunday and progressively became worse and  by Thursday I was becoming exhausted from coughing. On Friday I began to run a temp and by the late afternoon it had reached 101 and higher. So I decided it was time to head for the ER. We did, Isaac and Lynne and I. After blood work, Xrays, and Dr.'s exam, the Dr. came in with 2 scripts and said I could go home. We were stunned. Going home? Not being admitted? No fooling? Yes. They had decided my blood counts were okay and I was far enough out from my transplant that my immune system was stronger now and I should be able to handle this with oral medications. Being sick at home is a new thing and I can do that. The bad part of that is that  Lynne has come down with the  same symptoms and has had a trip to the Dr. and is on antibiotics as well. We are coping. It will be a very quiet remembering of Jesus' birth and we will do it alone, together.


So back to the part of being compelled to post, I feel that when I take a bad turn I do well to post that, to let y'all, who have been concerned about us over all these years, know about it. The upside? I can do this at home now. Thanks be to God.









No comments:

Post a Comment