Sunday, July 28, 2013

Memoria

'Pagó̱sei sto chróno'. " Frozen in time". That's the way it happens. We will not know what Josh would have been like at 41 or 45. He is frozen forever in time in our minds and to me he has not aged a day since his illness and his death. When I recall his look of pain, it is unchanging. When I picture his smile it is forever the same. I have often tried to imagine what it would be like to see him age with us, to grow older together, and to share the stories of that journey. Try as I might I cannot. Each time I try, he is forevermore the same. "Frozen in Time", 'Pagó̱sei sto chróno'. In the Greek there are 2 words for time, 'chronos', which would be chronological time, and kairos, which would be "In God's moment" or time.  Chronologically  in my mind Josh is frozen in 'chronos'. In God's time? Who can fathom what he has become?



New International Version (©2011)
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 2 Peter 3:8

No comments:

Post a Comment