Monday, June 25, 2012

Ceremonies Worth Celebrating

I peeled the cucumber and sliced it into a bowl, and then I went out and picked some tomatoes and washed them and sliced them as well and then I added some green onions. My mouth was beginning to water. To this I added vinegar, olive oil, and some salt and pepper. Then we sat down to eat. It was my first bite of fresh vegtables since the end of February. It tasted soooo.... good. I had been craving both fresh fruit and vegtables and today when I saw Dr. Khouri I asked him if I could. As a SCT recipient, fresh produce puts me at risk for bacteria that could be present from the fields and harvest and handling of the produce. Usually it takes up to 6 months or so for recipient's immune systems to be adequate to tolerate those risks. Since I am just a couple of weeks past 3 months it gives me a real indication of how well I have done. Dr. Khouri said I could! Lynne just sat down with some watermelon. You know, I think I'll have some. Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment